DISCOVERY – MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS COURSE OUTLINE
ONLINE COURSE | FIVE LESSON SETS | NOW OPEN
Aim of the sessions:
The course provides a basic introduction to a modern approach to meditation and mindfulness. It gives instruction in a variety of techniques aimed at generating calm, balance and restoration in the mind/body system. However, it is far more than a set of meditations. It is an induction into mindful living and is supported by introspective tools.
The course material draws from current research into the effects of proper meditation practice and traditional techniques and applies them in useful ways to help you discover your innate design – physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual and to align these aspects through observation and mindfully choosing change where dissonance is held.
Participants are encouraged to establish a minimum 15-minute daily practice in between sessions to establish the practices and techniques and to maintain a Discovery Journal throughout and beyond the course.
Course participants are connected via a private Facebook group, where questions, sharing and observations are encouraged.
Welcome Message and getting set-up
Lesson Set 1:
- What is meditation…really?
- Common misconceptions
- Posture and body considerations and markers for the meditative state
- Main categories/types of meditation
- Instruction on Mindful Breathing guided practice
- Instruction on Calming Breath alternate practice
Lesson Set 2:
- Main known shifts in the mind/body/energy system through regular meditation
- Self-audit for general wellbeing
- What is Trigger Tracking and why is it so useful and important?
- A meditative journaling exercise with Trigger Tracking
- Instruction on Counting Breath guided practice
- Instruction on Renewal Breath guided practice
Lesson Set 3:
- The Breath/Brain/Energy Connection
- Ways to work with the physiology of the breath to calm the body and mind
- The internal Locks (or Bhandas)
- Working with the themes of Trigger Tracking
- Instruction on Nadi Shodhana guided practice
- Instruction on Gratitude Cultivation guided practice
Lesson Set 4:
- Somatic Meditation – using the physical body to draw-in the mind
- Grounding – a vertical and horizontal perspective
- An introduction to Mudras
- Instruction on Ujjayi Breathing guided practice
- Instruction on Grounding Meditation with Adhi Mudra guided practice
Lesson Set 5:
- Sensory Doorways to presence
- Sensory Doorways to the inner senses
- Instruction on Wild Sounds guided practice
- Instruction on Basic Trataka guided practice
- Additional instruction on Mirror Gazing with bonus instrumental Trataka track
10 mini audio lessons
10 beautiful unique meditation tracks plus bonus instrumental track
PDF notes of main takeaways in each Lesson Set
Online community of like-spirited people
Guided Meditation tracks streamable via InsightTimer and Spotify
Format, cost, registration
The course content is delivered via a combination of short audio lessons, take-away notes and a menu of beautiful guided meditation recordings. The science and technique for each meditation is covered in the audio lessons along with beautiful perspectives and journaling exercises to aid your self-enquiry.
It is an evergreen course which means you will have access to the content forever and you can move through the course at your own pace. Following the audios in order is preferable to get the most out of the course.
We connect via a private Facebook group for sharing, feedback, questions and additional research into meditation, its benefits and techniques.
Five Lesson Sets, ten audio lessons, take-away notes and a total of eleven meditation tracks.
You can jump in now for the whole experience for $400.
Try the first two Lessons Sets for $100 and come back for the remainder when you’re ready.
I hope you can join us!
How they feel about it...
I help others understand and master the art of meditation, transformative inner practice and healing through private coaching, energy sessions, courses and tailored programs for individuals, schools and organisations. I am a popular speaker at networking forums and workshops, a published writer and I hold regular retreats in Asia and Australia.
The Spirited Living Membership is now live!
to support your Spirited Living
Support for all stages of your spiritual journey
Whether you are starting out with basic meditation skills, or seeking healing, or you are a more seasoned explorer wanting to deepen your spiritual experiences and practices; whether you prefer self-guided courses, online communities or in-person groups, you will find it all here.