Aim of the sessions:
The course provides a basic introduction to a modern approach to meditation and mindfulness. It gives instruction in a variety of techniques aimed at generating calm, balance and restoration in the mind/body system. However, it is far more than a set of meditations. It is an induction into mindful living and supported by introspective tools.
The course material draws from current research into the effects of proper meditation practice and traditional techniques and applies them in useful ways to help you discover your innate design – physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual and to align these aspects through observation and mindfully choosing change where dissonance is held.
Participants are encouraged to establish a minimum 15-minute daily practice in between sessions to establish the practices and techniques and to maintain a Discovery Journal throughout and beyond the course.
Course participants are connected via a private Facebook group, where questions, sharing and observations are encouraged.
Welcome Message and getting set-up
Lesson Set 1:
- What is meditation…really?
- Common misconceptions
- Posture and body considerations and markers for the meditative state
- Main categories/types of meditation
- Instruction on Mindful Breathing guided practice
- Instruction on Calming Breath alternate practice
Lesson Set 2:
- Main known shifts in the mind/body/energy system through regular meditation
- Self-audit for general wellbeing
- What is Trigger Tracking and why is it so useful and important?
- A meditative journaling exercise with Trigger Tracking
- Instruction on Counting Breath guided practice
- Instruction on Renewal Breath guided practice
Lesson Set 3:
- The Breath/Brain/Energy Connection
- Ways to work with the physiology of the breath to calm the body and mind
- The internal Locks (or Bhandas)
- Working with the themes of Trigger Tracking
- Instruction on Nadi Shodhana guided practice
- Instruction on Gratitude Cultivation guided practice
Lesson Set 4:
- Somatic Meditation – Using the physical body to draw-in the mind
- Grounding – a vertical and horizontal perspective
- An introduction to Mudras
- Instruction on Ujjayi Breathing guided practice
- Instruction on Grounding Meditation with Adhi Mudra guided practice
Lesson Set 5:
- Sensory Doorways to presence
- Sensory Doorways to the inner senses
- Instruction on Wild Sounds guided practice
- Instruction on Basic Trataka guided practice
- Additional instruction on Mirror Gazing with bonus instrumental Trataka track
10 mini audio lessons
10 beautiful unique meditation tracks plus bonus instrumental track
PDF notes of main takeaways in each Lesson Set
Online community of like-spirited people
Guided Meditation tracks streamable via InsightTimer and Spotify